ANNE LISE KJAER – Futurist & Founder
The Financial Times wrote: “Her unique world vision is as fertile as Daliʼs only she creates social prototypes…based on nascent trends.”
In particular she facilitates a new understanding for consumer of the future, she says: ‘If the challenge is to create clarity out of complexity then that means getting to know – and identify with – your customers. Only then can you understand what they will want from you.’
Anne Lise Kjaer is a leading global futurist. She delivers out-of-the-box thinking and is an extremely sought after inspirational speaker. Kjaer works with some of the world’s leading brands including BMW, Bo Concept, Dulux, Ford, Nokia, Herman Miller, Fritz Hansen, Nike, FIA, Daimler Chrysler, Unilever, IKEA, Iittala Group, Sony, Toyota, McKinsey
She has an exceptional eye for ‘the next big thing’ and an original and inspiring way of translating fledgling concepts into viable commercial propositions. ʻThe future is not some place we go, but one we create,’
Anne Lise Kjaer specialises in future trends and their impact on tomorrowʼs consumer behaviour and needs. She manages a wide range of client briefs, from corporate presentations to customised trends research. Kjaer is renowned as a motivational speaker and her inspiring presentations communicate concepts in a stimulating and engaging format.
Recent client briefs include:
• IKEA – Future Living
• Iittala Group – Generic Trends Management Tool for all brands
• PriceWaterhouseCoopers – Human Resources strategy 2015+
• McKinsey & Co – The Bank of the Future 2010+
• Nokia – Visual Lifestyle Tool for global consumer types
• Sony – The Future of the Home Entertainment Industry
• Swarovski – Architecture & Lighting + Bath & Wellness
• Toyota – Europe in 2020+
Case Study 1: Toyota
A far-reaching consumer trends management project defining a range of consumer ‘types’ in Europe 2015-2020. Extensive research and scientific analysis of lifestyles, aspirations, ethical and social attitudes was set alongside a ‘wishlist’ of design features to be incorporated into transport and lifestyles of the future. A blueprint of future consumer mindsets the report and subsequent presentation set out a road map for innovation and market intelligence.
Case Study 2: Nokia
This major global project devised narratives and innovative visuals to incorporate and translate data culled from 70,000 consumers in 16 emerging and developed markets into a navigable and inspiring visual format. As well as bringing consumers to life, the goal was to set out a ‘common language’ to strengthen product design, marketing, branding and client communication.
Case Study 3: MCA, Maritime Coastguard Agency
Further Anne Lise has consulted on and run Horizon Scanning Projects. Most recently with the MCA, Maritime Coastguard Agency on their Horizon Scanning project 2025 forecasting and generating scenarios as well as testing the ground for new policies. Her expertise is bridging the creative and intellectual process – shaping the strategy and core concepts that are driving businesses, organisations and interest groups. She delivers an intelligent and inspiring outlook on the future. ʻThe future is not some place we go but one we createʼ!
Kjaerʼs many keynotes on future issues and current hot topic as well as advising and facilitating future understanding across the private and public sector brings her around the globe. This yearʼs snapshot of some of the subjects she has covered:
· Adam Smith Conferences: The Future of the Automotive Industry 2020+
· MARKA 2008: The Future of Brands & Marketing, Istanbul
· Economedia: The Future of Retail, Sofia
· IT-Forum: Living In A Digital World
· Rexam VIP Forum: Emotional Consumption & The future of Packaging
· AMA, Arts Marketing Association: What people really want
· PriceWaterhouseCoopers: The Future Workplace & HR
· Fortis ABN AMRO: Macro Trends 2015+ & Tomorrow’s People
· BledCom: Global PR Symposium, Future PR & Emotional Consumption
· ERA Electronic Retail Association: The Future of E-Commerce
· ESADE Alumni: The Future of Sports & Culture
· HR Management Forum: People & Tomorrow’s Work Place
Anne Lise Kjaer’s career began in Denmark, where she founded kjaer global in 1988. Initially specialised in forecasting for the design industries Kjaer worked in Hamburg and Paris before choosing London as her global base in 1992. The company focus had already broadened to strategic corporate futures and she began working with leading brands. Today kjaer global’s client base numbers over 200 international corporations. Despite her global vision, Kjaer retains strong links with her home country, where she is regarded as a leading commentator. She is a Copenhagen Goodwill Ambassador and an MD of the Danish/UK Chamber of Commerce.